Death Warmed Over
by T. Michelle Nelson
Series: Lily Drake #3
Publication date: June 30th 2014
by Inkspell Publishing
Genre: Paranormal Romance
In the conclusion of the Lily Drake series, Lily must choose not only what is best for herself and her son, but for her people. Her sword will be stained with blood through her efforts to preserve the lives of the people she loves, but she won’t be able to save them all.
When a devastating loss crushes her will to live, can Lily go on and be the leader she has to be? What is she willing to sacrifice to save others?
Death comes to everyone…even the Queen’s house…
What doesn’t kill you will make you wish it did..
Goals as a Writer
As I peruse different websites offering advice to aspiring writers, I notice so many of them say “set goals.” They push you to ask yourself, “What do I want to accomplish with this manuscript?”
The Life & Death of Lily Drake was my first novel. I had no real goals as far as most aspiring novelists. In the back of my head, I didn’t make a far-fetched list of accomplishments to achieve like the following:
1. Get published
2. Sell a million copies
3. Make a Lily Drake movie
4. Buy a beautiful house in the French Quarter and live happily ever after.
Although, #4 is an actual goal of mine, it had nothing to do with the book.
What I had hoped to achieve by writing the Lily Drake series had more to do with writing a different type of book, even if no one ever saw it. I wanted to write a book that someone like myself wanted to read. My goals were more like this:
1. Create a heroine that is older, has a family, and is more relatable to women my age.
2. Write scenes where said heroine doesn’t wait around for a man to come save her. She takes charge and saves herself. Create a protagonist that I would be proud for young girls to emulate.
3. Make sure the main character is more like every woman. She won’t be a size two with a giant bosom, perfect natural blond hair, a perky demeanor all the time and SHE WILL MAKE MISTAKES.
Will I ever win a Pulitzer for this? Of course not, however, if one woman reads this book and somehow even for a few moments I made her feel empowered, then I have achieved my goal.
~About the Author~
T. Michelle Nelson became enamored with vampires at an early age when she watched George Hamilton in “Love at First Bite.” As she got older, her tastes leaned more toward the dark and morose, but her love of all things vampire never wavered. Little has changed over the years, except now T. makes up her own macabre stories of the undead… mixed with a splash of romance, tough heroines and tons of dark humor.
T. Michelle Nelson is a native of Benton, Kentucky and a graduate of Murray State University. Currently she resides in a small town in Ohio, which is also the setting of her Lily Drake series. The first two books in the series, Life and Death of Lily Drake and ‘Til Death Do Us Part, are currently available at Barnes and Noble, Amazon or any of your other favorite online bookstores. A short story prequel The First Time is also available. Death Warmed Over, the third and final book of the series will release in late June.
When she isn’t writing, you can usually find her spending time with her son, singing out of key, watching B-Horror movies or discussing world problems with her little dog, Toadie.
T. Michelle Nelson’s Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Latest posts by Toni (see all)
- Release Week Sneek Peak! Prelude to Mayhem by Edward Aubry - November 30, 2016
- Cover Reveal! The Romeo Catchers by Alys Arden - November 22, 2016
- Excerpt & Giveaway! Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog - November 17, 2016