What Gifts She Carried
by Lindsey R. Loucks
Series: The Grave Winner #2
Publication date: August 15th 2014
by Crescent Moon Press
Genre: Horror, Zombies
Leigh Baxton just wants to pick up the pieces of her life—if you could call it that—but someone keeps resurrecting the dead. These new zombies have a knack for spilling Leigh’s precious blood, something she was warned about by a certain pair of undead sorceresses.
Desperate to find out why they’re here so Leigh can put the nightmares behind her, she must learn more about the gifts she carries. With Tram’s training sessions and clues from her mom’s past, Leigh begins to piece together what she’s capable of.
Too bad there isn’t a Cliff’s Notes version to saving the world.
The zombies have teamed up with followers of the darkest sorceress who ever lived, and they’ll play a wicked game until she’s freed from her prison inside the earth. When the battle to the death begins, Leigh must rely on friends, crushes, and even her enemies to win the war, but not the grave.
10 Things to do Before the Zombie Apocalypse (In No Particular Order)
1. Stock up on Pop Tarts. Need I say more?
2. Convert all the books on my Kindle to pdf’s and then print them out. Zombie apocalypse + no electricity to charge up the Kindle = my own internal apocalypse. ☹
3. Kidnap Charlie Hunnam. Because Charlie.
4. Build a house on stilts so the undead can’t get inside. I’ll use a zip line to go to and fro.
5. Raid the battery aisle at the local store because I never have the right size/amount I need, then store them in a box labeled Pandora’s Box, or maybe even Infected Needles, so no one opens it and steals them.
6. Squirt all of my lotions and creams (and I have a lot of them) into a bucket, mix in a little water, and voila! Instant slime! I’ll use this to spread all over hard floors and watch the hilarity ensue as the zombies stumble and slip!
7. Buy lots of bubble wrap for a cheap and effective alarm system while I sleep.
8. Create the ultimate zombie apocalypse playlist including “Shoot to Thrill” by ACDC and “I Against I” by Bad Brains in case I’m having a moment of uncertainty.
9. Invest in a LifeStraw, otherwise there will be a race to see what can kill me faster—zombies or diarrhea!
10. Make up some really bad zombie jokes to lighten the apocalyptic mood and be the life of the party! For example, why do zombies never smile? Because they’re dead inside! HA!
~About the Author~
Lindsey R. Loucks works as a school librarian in rural Kansas. When she’s not discussing books with anyone who will listen, she’s dreaming up her own stories. Eventually her brain gives out, and she’ll play hide and seek with her cat, put herself in a chocolate induced coma, or watch scary movies alone in the dark to reenergize. She’s been with her significant other for almost two decades.
Lindsey’s Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Latest posts by Toni (see all)
- Review: 4 Stars for Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young - April 25, 2017
- Release Week Sneek Peak! Prelude to Mayhem by Edward Aubry - November 30, 2016
- Cover Reveal! The Romeo Catchers by Alys Arden - November 22, 2016