If you’ve ever been to a library or a used bookstore, you’ve likely seen books covered in plastic wrap. This is done to prolong the life of the book and keep it in good condition. While it may seem like a simple task, there are actually a few steps you need to follow in order to properly cover your books with plastic wrap. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know.
How to Properly Cover Your Books with Plastic wrap
1. Gather your materials. You’ll need a roll of plastic wrap, scissors, and tape. If you’re covering a hardcover book, you’ll also need a piece of cardboard that’s slightly larger than the book’s spine.
2. Cut a piece of plastic wrap that’s about twice the width of the book. Place the book face-down on the plastic wrap and bring the sides of the wrap up so that they meet in the middle of the book’s spine. Tape the plastic wrap in place.
3. If you’re covering a hardcover book, slide the piece of cardboard under the plastic wrap and against the spine of the book. This will help fortify the spine and prevent it from cracking or breaking over time.
4. Wrap the ends of the plastic wrap around the front and back covers of the book and tape them in place. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles in the plastic so that your book has a professional-looking finish.
How to keep your books in pristine condition with plastic covers
1. Start by measuring the book’s height, width, and thickness. You’ll need this information to purchase the correct size of plastic cover.
2. Once you have the measurements, head to your local craft store or online retailer and purchase a clear plastic cover that is slightly larger than your book. This will ensure that the cover fits snugly and there is no excess material.
3. To put the cover on, simply slip it over the top of the book and smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. You may need to use a hairdryer on a low setting to heat up the plastic and help it conform to the book’s shape.
4. Finally, use clear packing tape or another type of strong adhesive to secure the cover in place. Be sure to wrap the tape around the entire circumference of the book so that it is completely covered.
5. And that’s it! Your book is now protected from spills, stains, tearing, and general wear and tear. Enjoy!
How to Put a Protective Cover on Books
1. Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- A book
- A roll of clear plastic wrap
- Double-sided tape or glue
2. Cut a Piece of Plastic Wrap
Measure out a piece of plastic wrap that is big enough to cover the entire front and back of the book, plus about 2 inches on either side. Use sharp scissors to cut the plastic wrap. Try to cut straight lines so that the edges of the wrap will be nice and clean.
3. Wrap the Book in Plastic Wrap
Place the book face down on the plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic around the book, starting at the spine and working your way out toward the edges of the book. If you’re using double-sided tape, attach one strip of tape along each edge of the book (on top of the plastic). If you’re using glue, apply a thin layer of glue along each edge of the book (on top of the plastic) and allow it to dry for a few minutes before moving on.
4. Trim Excess Plastic Wrap
Once you’ve wrapped the book entirely in plastic wrap, use scissors to trim away any excess wrap from around the edges of the book. Be careful not to cut too close to the book itself—you don’t want to accidentally damage the pages!
And that’s it! Your book is now protected from spills, stains, and wear and tear. Enjoy!