What Broadway musicals were in 1965?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1965
- A Race of Hairy Men! 4/29/65.
- A Very Rich Woman 9/30/65.
- All in Good Time 2/18/65.
- And Things That Go Bump in the Night 4/26/65.
- Anya 11/29/65.
- Baker Street 2/16/65.
- Boeing-Boeing 2/1/65.
What plays were on Broadway 1961?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1961
- 13 Daughters 3/2/61.
- A Call on Kuprin 5/25/61.
- A Cook for Mr. General 10/19/61.
- A Far Country 4/4/61.
- A Man for All Seasons 11/22/61.
- A Shot in the Dark 10/18/61.
- An Evening With Yves Montand 10/24/61.
- Becket 5/8/61.
What Broadway shows in 1970s?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1970
- A Place for Polly 4/18/70.
- Applause 3/30/70.
- Beggar on Horseback 5/14/70.
- Blood Red Roses 3/22/70.
- Bob and Ray the Two and Only 9/24/70.
- Borstal Boy 3/31/70.
- Brightower 1/28/70.
- Camino Real 1/8/70.
What was the most popular musical of the 1960s?
The Best Musicals of the 1960s
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg 1964, 91 min.
- A Hard Day’s Night 1964, 87 min.
- The Young Girls of Rochefort 1967, 128 min.
- My Fair Lady 1964, 170 min.
- The Sound of Music 1965, 174 min.
- Mary Poppins 1964, 139 min.
- West Side Story 1961, 152 min.
- The Jungle Book 1967, 78 min.
What musicals did Julie Andrews star in?
Best known for her roles in stage and film musicals, including “My Fair Lady,” THE SOUND OF MUSIC, and MARY POPPINS, Andrews has concentrated in later years on acting on the screen rather than singing, appearing in husband Blake Edwards’ films, including S.O.B. and THAT’S LIFE.
What was on Broadway 1964?
The year 1964 saw Carol Channing triumph in Hello, Dolly!, Zero Mostel break and win hearts in Fiddler on the Roof and Barbra Streisand cement her stardom with Funny Girl. And that was just the top drawer. Golden Boy, High Spirits, Ben Franklin in Paris and Oh!
What was on Broadway 1963?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1963
- 110 in the Shade 10/24/63.
- A Case of Libel 10/10/63.
- A Political Party 9/26/63.
- A Rainy Day in Newark 10/22/63.
- Ages of Man 4/14/63.
- An Evening with Maurice Chevalier 1/28/63.
- Andorra 2/9/63.
- Arturo Ui 11/11/63.
What was on Broadway 1966?
Broadway Season Summary 1966-1967
|1.||Annie Get Your Gun||Revival/Musical|
|2.||A Hand Is on the Gate||Performance|
|3.||A Delicate Balance||Non-musical|
What was on Broadway 1962?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1962
- A Family Affair 1/27/62.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum 5/8/62.
- A Gift of Time 2/22/62.
- A Man’s a Man 9/19/62.
- A Passage to India 1/31/62.
- A Thousand Clowns 4/5/62.
- All American 3/19/62.
- Beyond the Fringe 10/27/62.
What was on Broadway 1969?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1969
- 1776 3/16/69.
- A Flea in Her Ear 10/3/69.
- A Patriot for Me 10/6/69.
- A Teaspoon Every Four Hours 6/14/69.
- A Way of Life
- Angela 10/30/69.
- Billy 3/22/69.
- Buck White 12/2/69.
What was on Broadway 1972?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1972
- 6 Rms Riv Vu 10/17/72.
- A Celebration of Richard Rodgers 3/26/72.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum 3/30/72.
- All the Girls Came Out to Play 4/20/72.
- Ambassador 11/19/72.
- An Evening With Richard Nixon and
- Butley 10/31/72.
What musicals came out in 1970s?
Musicals of the 1970’s
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) R | 100 min | Comedy, Horror, Musical.
- Grease (1978)
- Saturday Night Fever (1977)
- Jesus Christ Superstar (1973)
- On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970)
- The Boy Friend (1971)
- Fiddler on the Roof (1971)
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971)
When did Funny Girl open on Broadway?
The original Broadway production of Funny Girl opened at the Winter Garden Theatre March 26, 1964. The musical, starring a young Barbra Streisand as Fanny Brice, played 17 previews and 1,348 previews before closing July 1, 1967, earning eight Tony Award nominations including Best Musical.
What important trends in popular music emerged in the early 1960s?
Towards the decade’s end, genres such as Baroque pop, sunshine pop, bubble gum pop, and progressive rock started to grow popular, with the latter two finding greater success in the following decade. Furthermore, the 1960s saw funk and soul music rising in popularity
rhythm and blues in general remained popular.
Who were some important figures in music during the 1960s?
The Beatles (Ringo, George, John and Paul, from left) led the British Invasion in the ’60s to become the most influential rock group of the ’60s. Many would argue, of all time. The “King of Rock and Roll,” Elvis Presley was already a music god by the time the 1960s rolled around.
Who played Eliza Doolittle?
Who is Julie Andrews husband?
What was playing on Broadway 1967?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1967
- A Minor Adjustment 10/6/67.
- A Touch of the Poet 5/2/67.
- A Warm Body 4/15/67.
- After the Rain 10/9/67.
- Black Comedy 2/12/67.
- Brief Lives 12/18/67.
- By George 10/12/67.
- Come Live With Me 1/26/67.