With nearly 8 million ratings, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” is the most popular book of all time on Goodreads and has sold over 120 million copies.
What is the number 1 book in 2020?
Yes, as reported by Publishers Weekly earlier today, A Promised Land was the top print title in 2020, moving nearly 2.6 million copies in just six weeks—a staggering number, though notably less than Michelle Obama’s Becoming, which sold 3.4 million copies in the same period back in 2018 (and which quietly moved another …
What is the most popular book to read in 2020?
Kay, Maybe This Year Wasn’t *All* Bad: Here Are the Best-Selling Books of 2020
- A Promised Land’ by Barack Obama.
- The Return’ by Nicholas Sparks.
- Untamed’ by Glennon Doyle.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes’ by Suzanne Collins.
- The Vanishing Half’ by Brit Bennett.
- One by One’ by Ruth Ware.
What are the top 3 purchased books in 2020?
Book bestsellers 2020: Most purchased books we covered
- “A Promised Land” by Barack Obama.
- “Migrations: A Novel” by Charlotte McConaghy.
- “A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom” by Brittany K.
- “Sapiens: A Graphic History: The Birth of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari.
What’s wrong with Goodreads?
The social networking site now has millions of users who rate and review books, find recommendations for new ones and track their reading. But over time, Goodreads has also become a hunting ground for scammers and trolls looking to con smaller authors, take down books with spammed ratings, cyberstalk users or worse.
What book should I read Goodreads?
|1||To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 4.27 avg rating — 5,235,723 ratings score: 2,372,783, and 24,052 people voted|
|18||The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry (Goodreads Author) 4.13 avg rating — 2,092,648 ratings score: 646,433, and 6,845 people voted|
What is the hottest book right now?
So Hot Right Now Books
- Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
- Bossypants (Kindle Edition)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
- Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
- Room (Kindle Edition)
What are the top ten books right now?
The 10 Most Popular Books Right Now
- The Hebridean Baker: Recipes and Wee Stories from the Scottish Islands.
- The Family Plot.
- Dream Town (Archer Series #3)
- It Ends with Us.
- Love on the Brain.
- The Ballad of Never After (Signed B&N Exclusive Book)
- Good Eats: The Final Years (Signed Book)
- Spy x Family, Vol. Paperback $9.99.
What books are trending now?
8 Trending Books That Live Up to the Hype
- Ugly Love. by Colleen Hoover.
- These Violent Delights. by Chloe Gong.
- The Final Revival of Opal & Nev. by Dawnie Walton.
- The Song of Achilles. by Madeline Miller.
- Yellow Wife. by Sadeqa Johnson.
- Six of Crows. by Leigh Bardugo.
- Ordinary Grace.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
What book is a must read?
100 must-read classic books, as chosen by our readers
- Pride and Prejudice. Jane Austen.
- To Kill A Mockingbird. Harper Lee.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- In Cold Blood. Truman Capote.
- Wide Sargasso Sea. Jean Rhys.
- Brave New World. Aldous Huxley.
- I Capture the Castle. Dodie Smith.
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now Amazon?
Best Sellers in Books
- #1. Johnny the Walrus. Matt Walsh.
- #2. Finding Me: A Memoir.
- #3. Just Tyrus: A Memoir.
- #4. Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones.
- #5. The War on the West.
- #6. The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor–the Truth and the Turmoil.
- #7. Verity.
- #8. It Ends with Us: A Novel (1)
What are best-selling books right now?
Combined Print & E-Book Fiction
- New this week. DREAM TOWN. by David Baldacci.
- New this week. BEAUTIFUL. by Danielle Steel.
- 45 weeks on the list. IT ENDS WITH US. by Colleen Hoover.
- 43 weeks on the list. THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO. by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
- 157 weeks on the list. WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING. by Delia Owens.
What is the number 1 best book?
25 Best-Selling Books of All-Time
- #1 – Don Quixote (500 million copies sold)
- #2 – A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold)
- #3 – The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold)
- #4 – The Little Prince (142 million copies sold)
- #5 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold)
What was the best-selling novel in 2020?
Bestselling books of 2020
- 1 / 40. Goodreads. A Time for Mercy. – Author: John Grisham.
- 2 / 40. Goodreads. All That Glitters.
- 3 / 40. Goodreads. Daylight.
- 4 / 40. Goodreads. Fortune and Glory.
- 5 / 40. Goodreads. Rhythm of War.
- 6 / 40. Goodreads. The Law of Innocence.
- 7 / 40. Goodreads. The Return.
- 8 / 40. Goodreads. The Sentinel.
What book made the most money in 2020?
Surprising approximately no one in the publishing industry, Delia Owens’s Where the Crawdads Sing topped the overall adult chart for the first half of 2020—a resounding success for a debut novel by any definition, especially given that adult fiction typically sells far less than nonfiction.
Is Goodreads closing down?
Goodreads will soon be no more! Following in the footsteps of Google Plus, it has been announced today that Amazon is planning to shut down its Goodreads site
due to the fact that not enough people read books nowadays.
Is Goodreads trustworthy?
Goodreads reviews, for many, feel more trustworthy because they are peer written. For the most part, Goodreads reviewers are average readers. Their reviews are imperfect, full of grammatical errors, gifs, and internet slang. Goodreads users write their reviews in a way that makes sense to them.
Are books on Goodreads free to read?
Information. No – Goodreads is a completely free book review and recommendation site, so you won’t need to pay to access the site or app, unless you’re an author who is creating a giveaway.
What’s a good book to recommend?
What’s a good book to recommend?
- ‘Crying in H Mart’ by Michelle Zauner.
- ‘Blindness’ by José Saramago.
- ‘Putting It Together’ by James Lapine.
- ‘Asylum Road’ by Olivia Sudjic.
- ‘The 7 ½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle’ by Stuart Turton.
- ‘The Book of Eels’ by Patrik Svensson.
- ‘About A Son’ by David Whitehouse.
- ‘The Vegetarian’ by Han Kang.
What book series should I read after Harry Potter?
Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians is one of the most popular series to read after Harry Potter. Like the characters in the Harry Potter books, Percy Jackson grows older as the series progresses, with Percy starting as a 12-year-old in the first book and growing older with each book.
What should I read next on Goodreads?
Deciding What To Read Next Books
- Untitled (Blood and Ash, #5)
- Under One Roof (The STEMinist Novellas, #1)
- Queen of Quarantine (Brutal Boys of Everlake Prep, #4)
- The Difference Between Somebody and Someone (Difference Trilogy, #1)
- The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
- A través de mi ventana (Hidalgos, #1)
What is the best book ever written?
12 Novels Considered the “Greatest Book Ever Written”
- Anna Karenina. Greta Garbo in Anna Karenina.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. To Kill a Mockingbird.
- The Great Gatsby. F.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude. Gabriel García Márquez.
- A Passage to India. E.M. Forster.
- Invisible Man. Ralph Ellison.
- Don Quixote. Don Quixote.
- Beloved. Toni Morrison.
What is the most sold book 2021?
USA TODAY’s Top 100 bestselling books of 2021
- ” Dog Man: Mothering Heights,” by Dav Pilkey.
- ” The Four Winds,” by Kristin Hannah.
- ” American Marxism,” by Mark R.
- ” Atomic Habits,” by James Clear.
- ” The Midnight Library,” by Matt Haig.
- ” The Last Thing He Told Me,” by Laura Dave.
What are the top 10 nonfiction books right now?
Here, the top 10 nonfiction books of 2021.
- A Swim in a Pond in the Rain, George Saunders.
- Empire of Pain, Patrick Radden Keefe.
- Aftershocks, Nadia Owusu.
- How the Word Is Passed, Clint Smith.
- Invisible Child, Andrea Elliott.
- Crying in H Mart, Michelle Zauner.
- A Little Devil in America, Hanif Abdurraqib.
What books are trending right now 2021?
Best Books 2021
- 1000 Years of Joys and Sorrows. by Ai Weiwei.
- Acts of Desperation. by Megan Nolan.
- Afterparties. by Anthony Veasna So.
- Aftershocks. by Nadia Owusu.
- All That She Carried. by Tiya Miles.
- All the Frequent Troubles of Our Days. by Rebecca Donner.
- America on Fire. by Elizabeth Hinton.
- Beautiful World, Where Are You.
What books will be popular in 2021?
What books will be popular in 2021?
- “People We Meet on Vacation” by Emily Henry. Amazon.
- “Malibu Rising” by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Amazon.
- “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah. Amazon.
- “The Last Thing He Told Me” by Laura Dave.
- “The Lincoln Highway” by Amor Towles.
- “Project Hail Mary” by Andy Weir.
- “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- “The Push” by Ashley Audrain.
What genre of books are popular in 2020?
8 Popular Literary Genres
- Romance: Romance novels are perhaps the most popular genre in terms of book sales.
- Mystery: Many popular mystery books draw a large readership, especially if they’re part of a larger series.
- Fantasy and science fiction: Fantasy books often take place in a time period different from our own.