The 10 Best Book Review Sites and Book Rating Sites
- Goodreads. Goodreads is arguably the leading online community for book lovers.
- LibraryThing. LibraryThing is the self-proclaimed largest book club in the world.
- Book Riot. Book Riot is a blog.
- Fantasy Book Review.
How do you write a good read review?
Here’s how to write a book review on the Android app:
- Navigate to the book page of the book you’d like to review.
- Tap the stars to give the book a star rating
this will automatically move the book to your Read shelf.
- Scroll down and tap Write a Review.
- A text box will open for you to enter review text.
What is the highest rated book Goodreads?
With nearly 8 million ratings, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” is the most popular book of all time on Goodreads and has sold over 120 million copies.
Where are the best book reviews?
The Best Book Review Sites For Enthusiastic Readers
- Goodreads. Review styles: star rating, community reviews.
- LibraryThing. Review styles: star rating, recommendation, community reviews.
- Reedsy Discovery.
- The Millions.
- SFBook Reviews.
- Book Riot.
What is book review format?
Classic book review structure is as follows:
One or two paragraphs summarizing the book. One paragraph on the book’s strengths. One paragraph on the book’s weaknesses. One paragraph on your assessment of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
How do I review books for money?
Get Paid to Read: 17 Legitimate Sites That Pay Reviewers
- Kirkus Media. 💸 Pay: Freelance basis.
- Reedsy Discovery. 💸 Pay: Tip basis.
- Any Subject Books. 💸 Pay: Freelance basis.
- BookBrowse. 💸 Pay: Freelance basis.
- Online Book Club. 💸 Pay: $5 to $60.
- U.S. Review of Books. 💸 Pay: Freelance basis.
- Women’s Review of Books.
- Moody Press.
What do the Goodreads stars mean?
My rating system on Goodreads: 1 STAR= Below Average. 2 STARS= Average= Readable= I found it just ok. 3 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it…! 4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much…!
What are good discussion questions for a book?
General Book Club Questions
- What was your favorite part of the book?
- What was your least favorite?
- Did you race to the end, or was it more of a slow burn?
- Which scene has stuck with you the most?
- What did you think of the writing?
- Did you reread any passages?
- Would you want to read another book by this author?
What is Goodreads and how does it work?
Goodreads is a book-focused website that helps you keep track of what you’re reading and lets you write book reviews. Once you rate books or mark them as read, Goodreads will recommend new books for you to read.
What is the #1 best selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Crime, Thriller & Adventure|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Children’s Fiction|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Children’s Fiction|
Does Goodreads recommended books?
Today, Goodreads launches a new personalized book recommendation engine. It takes recommendations to a new level of sophistication by analyzing both books and, more importantly, the people who read them. It’s the Netflix of book recommendations.
Who is the best reviewer on Goodreads?
Since joining Goodreads seven years ago, Emily May has amassed more than 80,000 Goodreads followers and has written 1,300 book reviews and counting—making her the most-popular reviewer on the site. She loves reading across all genres and completes an average of 200 books per year.
What book is the most read?
The Holy Bible is the most read book in the world. In the past 50 years, the Bible has sold over 3.9 billion copies. It is the most recognizable and famous book that has ever been published. The Bible is a collective book with many different preachings based on God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
What are the best book summary websites?
- GetAbstract. GetAbstract is one of the big players in this industry, for good reason: it has the widest catalog, with over 20,000 summaries.
Where can I get free book reviews?
Free Review Sites
- Affaire de Coeur.
- American Book Review.
- Barnes & Noble Review.
- Booklife by Publishers Weekly.
- Compulsive Reader.
- Rain Taxi Review of Book.
- Readers’ Favorite Book Review and Award Contest.
- The Los Angeles Review of Books.
What are the 4 stages in writing a book review?
The four stages of writing a book review are: introducing the book, outlining its contents, highlighting parts of the book by selecting particular chapters or themes, and giving a detailed evaluation.
How do you write a book review example?
- Begin with a brief summary of the book.
- Pick out the most important aspects of the book.
- Include brief quotes as examples.
- Write a conclusion that summarises everything.
- Find similar books.
- Give it a star rating.
Is book review an academic text?
There are two common types of academic book reviews: short summary reviews, which are descriptive, and essay-length critical reviews. Both types are described further down. [Parenthetically, writing an academic/scholarly book review may present an opportunity to get published.]
Does Amazon pay for book reviews?
You can’t pay for reviews. This includes cash or giving reviewers a free or discounted product. You can’t offer reviewers gifts in exchange for reviews. You can’t exchange positive book reviews with other Authors, so don’t head to Facebook or Twitter to find review swaps.
Can I get paid to read books?
Avid book readers can make anywhere from a few dollars to a full-time salary from reading books, depending on the opportunities they pursue. For example, an experienced book reviewer might earn anywhere from $10 to $100 for reviewing books, which varies on a book-by-book basis.
Can you get paid on Goodreads?
If you have a blog or other website that you show off your books on using our flash widget, you may be interested in our latest change. Now you can configure your widget to add an Amazon Affiliate code, so you can make money off of the enormous stream of traffic perusing your blog.
What is a good rating out of 5?
Most people think it’s too good to be true. According to research by Northwestern, purchases are most influenced by reviews with an average rating of 4.2 to 4.5 stars out of 5 — making this the ideal average star rating for purchase probability.
Is a four star rating good?
Ratings of 4 stars or above are considered good to excellent.
Are Goodreads ratings reliable?
Goodreads reviews, for many, feel more trustworthy because they are peer written. For the most part, Goodreads reviewers are average readers. Their reviews are imperfect, full of grammatical errors, gifs, and internet slang. Goodreads users write their reviews in a way that makes sense to them.
What are good questions to ask?
Break the ice and get to know people better by selecting several of these get-to-know-you questions.
- Who is your hero?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite family vacation?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
- What really makes you angry?
What are some discussion questions?
Online course discussion is an excellent opportunity for teaching and prompting critical thinking….Ask students to commit.
- Personal reflections: “What do you think about ___?” “How do you feel about ___?”
- Past experiences: “In the past, how have you responded when ___?” “Have you ever had an experience where ___?”
What is fiction answer?
Fiction is any creative work, chiefly any narrative work, portraying people, events, or places in ways that are imaginary, or not strictly based on history or fact. In its most narrow usage, fiction applies to written narratives in prose and often specifically novels, as well as novellas and short stories.
Why you shouldn’t use Goodreads?
The social networking site now has millions of users who rate and review books, find recommendations for new ones and track their reading. But over time, Goodreads has also become a hunting ground for scammers and trolls looking to con smaller authors, take down books with spammed ratings, cyberstalk users or worse.
Are Goodreads books free?
Information. No – Goodreads is a completely free book review and recommendation site, so you won’t need to pay to access the site or app, unless you’re an author who is creating a giveaway.
Can I read books on Goodreads for free?
Find, get, and share books you love on Goodreads, the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. More than 75 million members have added more than 2.2 billion books to their shelves. Goodreads is a free service. Scan book covers to instantly read reviews and save it on your Want to Read shelf.