The 10 Best Book Review Sites and Book Rating Sites
- Goodreads. Goodreads is arguably the leading online community for book lovers.
- LibraryThing. LibraryThing is the self-proclaimed largest book club in the world.
- Book Riot. Book Riot is a blog.
- Fantasy Book Review.
How do I professionally review a book?
How to write a book review
- Start with a couple of sentences describing what the book is about.
- Discuss what you particularly liked about the book.
- Mention anything you disliked about the book.
- Round up your review.
- You can give the book a rating, for example a mark out of five or ten, if you like!
How do you find a book review?
The sources listed below are some of the most common places to find them.
- Amazon.com. Amazon.com offers book reviews of many of the book titles it sells.
- Barnes & Noble.
- Complete Review.
- GoodReads Reviews.
- LibraryThing Reviews.
- LJ Reviews.
- New York Times Book Review (free selections)
- School Library Journal Reviews+
What makes a good book review?
First, a review gives the reader a concise summary of the content. This includes a relevant description of the topic as well as its overall perspective, argument, or purpose. Second, and more importantly, a review offers a critical assessment of the content.
Where can I get free book reviews?
Free Review Sites
- Affaire de Coeur.
- American Book Review.
- Barnes & Noble Review.
- Booklife by Publishers Weekly.
- Compulsive Reader.
- Rain Taxi Review of Book.
- Readers’ Favorite Book Review and Award Contest.
- The Los Angeles Review of Books.
What is book review format?
Classic book review structure is as follows:
One or two paragraphs summarizing the book. One paragraph on the book’s strengths. One paragraph on the book’s weaknesses. One paragraph on your assessment of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
How do you start a review?
Top tips for writing a review
- 1 Read, watch, or listen to the work more than once.
- 2 Provide essential information.
- 3 Understand your audience.
- 4 Take a stand.
- 5 Explain how you’re judging the work.
- 6 Introduce evidence to support your criteria.
- 7 Know the conventions of the genre.
- 8 Compare and contrast.
How do you write a short book review example?
Here are six steps for how to write a book review for school and beyond.
- Begin with a brief summary of the book.
- Pick out the most important aspects of the book.
- Include brief quotes as examples.
- Write a conclusion that summarises everything.
- Find similar books.
- Give it a star rating.
What are the 4 stages in writing a book review?
The four stages of writing a book review are: introducing the book, outlining its contents, highlighting parts of the book by selecting particular chapters or themes, and giving a detailed evaluation.
What is an academic book review?
Scholarly reviews are written for scholars by scholars. These reviews place the book within the scholarly discourse, compare the book to other works in the field, and analyze the author’s methodology, interpretations, and conclusions.
What are the main parts of a book review?
A successful book review includes a short summary of the book, background information about the author and topic, and an evaluation of the content. When writing a short summary of the book, assume that your audience has not read it and address the book’s main topics and ideas and explain why they matter.
Does Amazon pay for book reviews?
You can’t pay for reviews. This includes cash or giving reviewers a free or discounted product. You can’t offer reviewers gifts in exchange for reviews. You can’t exchange positive book reviews with other Authors, so don’t head to Facebook or Twitter to find review swaps.
Does Booklist review self published books?
This company works with Booklist
while Booklist won’t accept self-published books, BlueInk will, and a monthly list of their top reviews appears in Booklist. So if you want access to the library market, BlueInk might be for you!
How much does a book review cost?
In general, review prices range from $100 to $595. A great way to choose a review service is by reading each publication’s past reviews. This is the best way to get an idea of the quality, detail, and depth of critical attention indie authors can expect.
How do you write a book review essay?
Your reader will expect you to do the following in the body of your review:
- Summarize the major points of the author’s argument.
- Discuss the author’s engagement with larger themes.
- Identify key strengths and weaknesses.
- Evaluate the author’s contribution to the field.
- Support your claims with evidence from the text.
What do I write in a review?
Table of contents
- Provide useful, constructive feedback.
- Talk about a range of elements, including customer service.
- Be detailed, specific, and honest.
- Leave out links and personal information.
- Keep it civil and friendly.
- Feel free to update your review if needed.
- Check you’ve got the right domain name or company.
How do you start an academic review?
- give relevant bibliographic information.
- give the reader a clear idea of the nature, scope, and significance of the work.
- indicate your evaluation of the work in a clear 1-2 sentence thesis statement.
How do I write a book?
How to Write a Book
- Establish a consistent writing space. If you’re going to write a great book, you’re going to need a great space to write.
- Hone in on your book idea.
- Outline your story.
- Do your research.
- Start writing and stick to a routine.
- Finish your first draft.
- Revise and edit.
- Write your second draft.
What is a book review for kids?
A child’s written description of a book that also contains a critique of the book and recommendations as to who else may want to read it.
What are the 8 parts of a book?
The front matter includes:
- Title page. The title page contains the title of the book, the subtitle, the author or authors, and the publisher.
- Copyright page.
- Table of contents.
- Preface or Introduction.